Looking for states that are warm all year round! HELP!!!

Jimagination

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Lancaster, PA
I have seasonal affective disorder and really want to live somewhere where it is relatively warm all year round. Vegetable Farming year round would be nice as well. Can you all give me some suggestions, especially those of you who live in warmer US states.
Thanks,
Jodi

Two answers: Italy and Mexico.

States? California, New Mexico, Texas, Florida (but hot as hell in summer)

For constant comfort I'd suggest New Mexico Hill country. (Of course I'm in the Great White North)

LOL, I'm in Fl and hate it! No flowers, no veggies, nothing grows but palms, weeds and sometimes roses. Not always though! I don't even have luck with citrus!!! I hate the sand, as it gets into everything! Way worse than dirt/mud. I would go with Texas, heard great things!

Last edited:
Middle calif, kern county is great, only thing they have fog in the winter, but most of the countrys vegetable come from kern co.They have a dry heat which doesn't feel as hot as Fla. Fla's humidity is so high you almost can't bear it. have lived both places and if i could would move back to kern co in ca in a heartbeat.

Texas is Wonderful!

South Texas is very hot almost all the time. Google the average temperature for Laredo, McAllen, or Edinburg. If you like a coastal area try Corpus Christi, Rockport or Aransas Pass. Austin is a great place to live if you like doing things and it has the University of Texas plus several other small colleges. Central Texas like Austin does have a few cold spells during the winter. We live in the Texas Hill Country and drop down below 32 about ten to twelve times a winter. We get Ice but it does not last long. We get snow about every two to three years and usually it is just a light dusting. Christmas of 2004 was a miracle for most of us Texans! Google pictures of the 2004 Texas Christams snow! We don't really have a Fall/Winter. It usually gets cool around Halloween and then gets cold around Dec. 15 to Jan 15! LOL I really don't know about the upper part of Texas or the East side. West Texas has Midland and El Paso. I think they are dry and Hot!

Good Luck with you move.

Cheers,
Liza

I have to say Alabama is quite nice. Rarely get snow, and the winters are usually quite mild. The summers are hot but nothing like being in Florida. Alabama has about the same weather as TX, you just get to see it coming since TX always gets it first:) I believe AL has nicer landscape, you can choose from mountains, beach, or flatter land all in the same state.

Back
Top Bottom