Looking for testers.

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by txcarl1258, Feb 8, 2014.

1. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Hello everyone I am looking for 3 to 4 people to be my "guinea pigs" for my scovy eggs. I have never shipped eggs before so I am willing to send a few people some eggs for just the cost of shipping. By agreeing to this I will not be held responsible if your eggs arrive broken or do not hatch. Currently I have 3 scovy hens and one drake. They just started laying, but with this recent cold weather I am going to wait to ship until the weather gets a little warmer. I will do my best to send 6 to 8 eggs in each batch. If you are interested please reply below. Thank you.

2. jakal92

jakal92 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2012
    Bygland, MN
    I can test hatch some for you. I will have several incubators running. Just let me know how much to ship to 56721

3. theresam22

theresam22 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2014
    I'm willing to give it a go depending on shipping price. PM me.

4. PurpleEast

PurpleEast Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2012
    Fennville, Michigan
    I'm game! If you need another person, I'm more than willing~ Up in Michigan.

5. stefanfarms

stefanfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2012
    windsor CT
    if you still need another tester, i'll help zip 06095

6. puttindownroots

puttindownroots Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    Live Oak, FL
    What the heck, I live in Florida if you want to give a go at mailing down here.

7. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    I have gotten a lot of requests on shipping costs. How do I determine the cost to a certain zip code? I was planning on using a flat rate priority box. Would it be the same everywhere?

8. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    usps.com has a way to look up shipping based on zip code, package type, and weight.

9. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    I'd love to set some, I'm in tx... 79731 :)

10. omas biddies

omas biddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2014
    Hello Carl
    I am in mo. Down by the Ar state line
    I am 65yrs young when it comes to my biddies
    My flock is a mix of any eggs I have hatched I am now hooked on brooding. Each time I feel like I am waiting to see My SURPRISE. I giggle each time
    I just started last year. When I thought I love this. Why can't I sell eggs at our farmers market.so I started hatching
    I hatches about 43chickens. They don't stand still long enough for me to count. My older biddies are great but now my young ones give me 4 dozen a day soon I will be ready for my first day at the farmers market . I have 5 white ducks 6geese and 4Turkey's I wasn't to lucky with hatching turkeys. they all should start laying this spring I will try again
    I was thinking of getting a few red sex links . To grow my flock. what do you think of them . I do want to add some colorful eggs .I think they will look prettier to sell .old ladies like pretty.
    My sister lives in Florida she mails me any thing she can fit in that post office box for $6.00 she put 2Africa violet plants in a zip lock bag. Filled the bag with air wrapped them in bubble wrap. No
    She marked the box breakables. It arrived safe and sound she has done the same with dishes. I collect tea cups. She mails them
    If you would like to try it with eggs I will pay for it
    P.S. don't tell me what eggs you send I love a SURPRISE
    P.S. don't tell your wife to get on here. I just found it 3 days ago. I am hooked
    If she gets hooked. Who will do the chores. Lol
    [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by