Looking for true "Auracauna's" (no butt chickens) and Salmon Faverolle

R Farm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 14, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
I am looking for a true "Auracauna". You know, the ones with "no butts". I am also trying to find Salmon Faverolles and Cream Brabanters. Please help.

Thanks

Look at the breeders list at the top of this page. It is still new but it says that wilds of pa has Araucanas. Under Faverolle there are only bantams so far. When you look at the list it tells you what colors he has if he ships eggs or ships birds etc.

I'm looking for Faverolles too, and I saw that Purely Poultry sells show quality stock. (I've never ordered from them though, so I cannot speak from experience about the quality of their birds.) Are you looking for show quality or pet quality?

I'll be watching this post to see what everybody comes up with!!

i'm actually looking for pet quality for right now. I just found out that Ideal poultry in Texas has Salmon Faverolles but they are currently out of stock :-(

"R" Farm :

i'm actually looking for pet quality for right now. I just found out that Ideal poultry in Texas has Salmon Faverolles but they are currently out of stock :-(

Meyer Hatcher in Ohio has Salmon Faverolles I really liked the SF girls I got from them. They also have a small order program.

Henry​

There are several active members on the Araucana Club's website that will sell eggs and chicks, although I'm not sure many are doing that now. I haven't been logging on lately.
I have only 15 myself and they are teenagers....I got them in June. Only about half of mine are rumpless and only 2 of mine are tuffed. I will be working with them and seeing what I can come up with next season. I have been studying about them.
I don't have perfect birds, but I have something to work with. It is a hard breed to deal with. Just like this web-site, that club's web-site has a lot of helpful advice and the members help each other, but they are very serious about their birds. They cull hard.
I got some good healthy birds, but if you want show quality, that are tufted and rumpless and with perfect color feet and feathers for each type, you might need to look hard. I know the farmer that breed my birds had Araucanas but I'm not sure how strick he was with them. He was probably just as happy with tailed as rumpless and he didn't talk much about what all he culled and how he ran things.

Back
Top Bottom