looking for

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by michael_sams123, Oct 27, 2011.

1. michael_sams123

michael_sams123 New Egg

Oct 26, 2011
    i am looking for a good suplyer of hatching eggs i have a 2 shelf incubator that willl hold 120 eggs at a time all of the big hatcherys want so much for that small amount of eggs so im tryin to find another way

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    [​IMG] Welcome to the forum! [​IMG] Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

I'm not sure what type of eggs you are looking for, species, breed, whatever. A few suggestions:

I don't know where you are located but most states and a few countries have their own thread on here. You might search in this section, the "Where am I? Where are you?" section, and post on your thread. You might find someone local that can help you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=26

If you are in the USA, call your county extension agent, in the phone book under county government, and talk to them. This sounds like something they might be able to help with.

Talk to the people at the feed store. They might know someone that can help, or they might allow you to put a note on a bulletin board.

There is always Craigslist.

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I agree. You may be able to put up a flier in your local feed store for fertile eggs. You may want to put the breeds you are interested in or you may get a barnyard mix. That is how I sell my chicks is through my local feed stores.

4. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted an adon Craigslist just yesterday and was flooded with responses, and I am just wanting 3-4 eggs. There was another add with a fellow wanting eggs, but his intentions were a bit sketchy so I'm not certain he's gotten any response. I made it clear I am a newbie, experimenting with incubation, and included the fact that if they wanted the chicks after hatching they could have them... I was surprised to get so many responses so soon.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by