Looking forward to being a part of this site.

thebajagirl

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 13, 2013
We have had chickens on and off for many years.
We have recently starting a new flock of Rhode Island Reds and are now getting their wonderful eggs.

welcome-byc.gif

Oh, I love Rhode Island Reds! They have such lovely coloring, whether they are hatchery bred or heritage. Which kind do you have?

That's what happened with most of my RIRs. I thought I had five beautiful red hens. Turns out I had five lovely red roosters, each trying to beat each other out of alpha position. Luckily, we rehomed most of them and kept one for breeding. We don't have him anymore, but we have some of his beautiful mixed daughters and they are just lovely to watch.

And don't tell anyone, but I prefer hatchery RIRs. Heritage are pretty, but their red isn't bright enough, in my opinion. I like my red to be nice and bold, haha!

Greetings from College Station, Texas! I just recently acquired a couple of reds from a friend, and after barely over a week they have found a place in my heart. Those two girls follow me everywhere, they tap on the window with their beaks to get my attention, they are constantly talking up a storm, and they are curious about everything. Oh, and they each lay a little brown egg almost every day. I wish you much enjoyment with yours.

Back
Top Bottom