Looking in to a duck

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
So I’m looking in to a duck and gust one and I will be separating him from my ducks so should I put a heat lamp out for him? Or will he be okay with out one!

Because he will be a new duck and I don’t know if he is caring anything so just in case! I don’t want to chance it and my drake right now has not seen a another male duck in 6 months so he will not be happy with me! I don’t even know if I’m going to perches him!

I would put extra straw to make sure he’s warm since he doesn’t have anyone to snuggle yet but no lamp my ducks do so great in the cold! I put down hay and then they go lay in the snow

When we got my newest drake I kept him in a dog crate in the coop at night so he was with the others but wouldn’t get attacked by my male goose ( now he loves him.) Eventually if you see he shows no signs of illness maybe that can be the next step I hate when they are alone :( .

Is it a closed coop?

I would put extra straw to make sure he’s warm since he doesn’t have anyone to snuggle yet but no lamp my ducks do so great in the cold! I put down hay and then they go lay in the snow

When we got my newest drake I kept him in a dog crate in the coop at night so he was with the others but wouldn’t get attacked by my male goose ( now he loves him.) Eventually if you see he shows no signs of illness maybe that can be the next step I hate when they are alone :( .

Is it a closed coop?
Thank you so much for your advice! I don’t like when they are alone but to save my ducks if he is carrying any thing I don’t want my ducks to get it.

Back
Top Bottom