Looking to Buy Books.....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Run-A-Muck Ranch, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry if has been posted by others before with the info I am looking for. I couldn't find it if it has been posted.....
    I am looking for the 'Standard of Perfection' books for both poultry and rabbits.
    The last issue I seen was for the 2001-2005 (can't remember if that was for poultry or rabbits right off hand) printing I would assume there was a new one now.
    I can't seem to find these anywhere. I looked a few times on ebay-all those were [​IMG] old ones. I would really love to have the MOST current issues of each. Our girls are very active in 4-H (2nd year they've been in) and I would like to get these books for them.

Also is there such a thing as 'Standard of Perfection' for sheep, pigs, goats, cows or other farm animals...

If I have the name wrong I hope someone knows what I am talking about....
    Thanks for any help and information.
    Shawna

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

You can order the rabbit standard book from ARBA. They come out with a new every 3 yrs , I think.

3. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Thank you. I just purchased the newest rabbit 'standard of perfection' book through the ARBA. I believe it is for 2006-2010 or something like that.
    As for the chicken on....the only thing I can find is from 2001. Does anyone know if there is a more recent one issued. That seems so long ago--that maybe a new one could be out and I don't know where to look.

How about other animals...sheep, cows, goats, pigs...does anyone know if they have the 'standard of perfection' books for these animals??

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    The next APA book for chickens I do not think it will be out until 2010.

5. did you try e bay's Half.com? they have all kind of books,also Amazon has an old book section. Marrie

6. did you try e bay's Half.com? they have all kind of books,also Amazon has an old book section. Marrie

SORRY DOUBLE POST MARRIE.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    The 2001 Standard (for poultry) is the latest one.

8. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Ok the poultry book I seen was for 2001 and sells for $59.00. That seems a little high to me, but maybe that's normal...Unless someone knows where I might find one cheaper.....Thanks for the info everyone..Will keep searching.....

cows, pigs, sheep, goats???? anyone know yet if they have the 'standard of perfection' books for those animals??

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
  10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yes, the $14 is the one I use. It has the same information, but the pictures are not in color like in the hardcover one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by