looking to get a few ducklings...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I want a small quiet breed...

I really only want one but will try to take a few if necessary...I love ducks but No one around me sells them...Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

Jacob

2. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    Hi there!

I just read, literally, on another site, that it is a bad idea to have just one duck as they are social animals and really need company. Three or four is the recommended minimum.

I can't answer your direct question in the post. But I sure hope someone can help you!

Peace to you.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    There is only one quiet breed and thats the muscovy duck. I have 6 of them on a 1/3 acre city lot and nobody can hear them. Snce i have three females i expect ducky babies next year. I have a blue drake(i will slaughter 2 drakes)a blue duck, a lavender and a chocolate duck.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I duck is just no fun for you or the duck, they need company. I currently hae 3 adults and a duckling.

If you were closer id offer, my mama is sitting on 15 eggs and i know i wont be able to keep them all.

They are mallard ( father) Buff orp ( mama) cross. The one baby I do have from them is quite ( weird) but that might just be him, lol

5. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I have no idea where that zip code you have posted as your location because it is in zip code form and not city/state but if you lived anywhere close to me I would give you a dozen FREE duck eggs if you wanted them and came to pick them up.

I have 1 mallard hen and 2 Khaki Campbell hens and a Khaki Drake, a Peking Drake and a Black n White Magpie Drake. I guess there would be a 33% chance of pure Khaki Campbells. I hatched out 2 little ducklings about 3 weeks ago and have 7 more duck eggs under a broody hen that will hatch on the 11th of November.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by