Looking to procure eggs from the following breeds...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tonini3059, Jan 4, 2011.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Anconca
    Speckled Sussex
    Polish, various pure colors, large breed only
    Bantam cochins, blue and birchen preferable, but all colors will do
    Blue Orpington, good quality.
    If you have any of the above breeds please let me know. I would not be ready for them until spring but I was unsure if there would be a waiting list involved so I wanted to post early.
    If interested check out my website to see what I plan on selling this spring to see if there maybe something that you would like to trade for. Thanks in advance.

2. itsmyobsession

itsmyobsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    I have Speckled Sussex

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi, I have a trio of "show type" bantam cochins, three blue birds. The roo has a bit of red leakage under his chin, and red highlights on his hackles if the sun hits it just right. Nice looking birds overall thought. You should get BBS from the eggs. I would be interested in trading for a few of your sweetgrass eggs... I only have two pullets though, so I don't think I could scare up many eggs for a shipment, unless you liked some of my other stuff. How many sweetgrass hens do you have?

4. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    That is fine, I am only looking for a few birds for the wife, so a half dozen would be fine. I am not sure how many hens I have, I think between 4 and 6, I have not counted in awhile. In any case I should get at least two eggs a day when they start laying. In fact one of my hens has started to lay since I have lights on in the coop for the chickens.

5. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i have an 8month old trio of standard non brearded polish(from a BYCer).they are splash and WC black with a WC blue roo.they just started laying in december and eggs should be ready in feb/march.i hope to put some in the bator to check fetility and also check bullseyes(i just put the roo in).i could probably get up 6 for you.if you want to trade or discount,you have alot i would like:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  6. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    sounds great, just let me know what you would like and when your eggs become available.

7. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:will do.

8. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    We have bantam Cochins.Several pens most are not hatchery stock
    Blue and Black Mottled
    Fun Mix-Black Birchen/ MF Split Frizzle Roo with several hens Buff, Lavender,Blue Barred frizzle(this cross has had no feathering problems)and who knows by Spring!My only hatchery quality live in here
    2 pens with Mille Fleur 1 has calico in it as well.

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We have wonderful Speckled Sussex. Here are photos of them here: http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8722553
    As
    well on closed auctions.

Also have BBS gorgeous Orpingtons from several top breeders. We do have a blue orpington pen, which will yield statistically 50% blue orpingtons, 25% splash and 25% Black..
    Please look at this closed auction to see the flock and also feedback on our farm/service. Here's the link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=435150

Please let me know if you have any questions by pm'ing me. Thanks and hope you find all the breeds you are looking for! Have a blessed evening. Nancy

10. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by