Looking to see BLR Wyandottes :)

delawaregirl09

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Between that stump and you
We're thinking about getting some BLR Wyandottes in the spring, maybe, and i'd love to see some and learn about them! Egg laying, temperment, etc! Anyone have some
smile.png

Oh my! What gorgeous ladies! (And handsome roo
smile.png
) They are very nice eye candy, and I like the broody part, I was hoping to find a broody that looks like that! Lol. You wouldnt happen to have some to sell in the spring, or eggs perhaps, would you?
big_smile.png

I am hoping to breed some. I have a SLW roo and some GLW pullets, I won't try for a year or so. One of my 4 girls just layed her first egg yesterday from a hatchline 5/15. She took her sweet time - waiting for the other freeloader to earn her keep.

Do I have the combination right - SLW roo and glw hen?
Caroline

Quote:
That may be the way they started out, I'm honestly not even sure.......genetics confuse the heck out of me. With the availability of such good breeding stock or hatching eggs from quite a few breeders why not just go that route rather than having to go thru several generations of birds to get birds that have good body type and coloring. Personally I wouldn't want to introduce gold in since that is something most of us are trying to get rid of. They're supposed to be blue laced red....not blue laced gold.

I agree with Katy on not trying to "reinvent the wheel". Katy, I swore I'd never have anymore Wyandottes after I lost four of my hatchery Wyandottes to internal laying, but that third picture down makes me drool! She's gorgeous.

Quote:
Nope, You'd have to bring in the Blue Gene from somewhere, Like Katy said, it would be best to just start small with on that are already avaiable because if would take a long time to make your own after you breed in a blue, unless you use a BLR.

Back
Top Bottom