looks like oprah got a confession out of oj

Good ratings for Oprah and her buddy won't get punished. I can almost hear her greedy conversation with him now.
he.gif
smack.gif

Quote:
2x and what makes him immune to the second trial if he did confess. I don't care how old the crime was done, but you gotta pay your dues for killing two people. Just like Hitler's cronies, even it is so long ago, but they still need to pay for the crimes they did.

If OJ didn't get retried for the murders, and still gets off scot's free, then where in the heck is our justice system going? I bet the jurors that was there may have second thoughts and say, hmmmm, I should have research it more further!

I said it then and I will say it again....OJ IS GUILTY of those murders!

Unfortunately no.
He was found not guilty a jury of his peers. Nothing that can be done.

Just remember the wheels of God's justice turn slow, but they grind very fine.

Quote:
If a person is found guilty of a crime and later new evidence comes out, then, yes he can be retried. However, if a person is found not guilty of a crime, he can never be retried for that crime even if he announces his guilt by taking out ads in the newspapers and telling all the talk-show hosts. Once found not guilty, that person can NEVER be retried for that crime.

Sometimes, if the crime is heinous enough, the legal system CAN get around this statute in only one way that I am aware of: If found not guilty in a STATE or LOCAL court, the accused can be retried in a FEDERAL court on a charge of depriving the victim of his civil rights by murdering him. The only time I know of this happening was during the civil rights era. I believe it was successfully done one time only against a KKK member who murdered an African-American man, admitted it, and the jury set him free anyhow. So the feds got involved and he was retried in a federal court, found guilty, and received a prison sentence. But otherwise, you cannot be tried twice for the same crime once you have been acquitted of it.

Rusty

Not surprised that the confession thing is fake. If you are smart enough to get away with murder, you are also smart enough not to confess.

I think under the double jeopardy clause, he could be charged with a different, but related crime such as manslaughter.

I have no doubt that he did it, and I think the jury was a bunch of idiots. I think they could have had it on video, and those folks wouldn't have convicted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom