Looky What I Did !! Pic !

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Lunachick, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I know it's past Christmas, but I saw this in a magazine and wanted to copy it, Sooooooo........I did this for the holidays.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The door got funny, but I liked how it came out for a first try! Now I'll have to put it outdoors for the critters to pick at.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that is great! how long did it take to make it? did you eat it?

3. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Cute & Yummy

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:Thank you! I used a pizza box for the house form and taped it together then SUGAR glued the rest of the stuff on it. I actually used left over glass (from a stained glass project) for the tinted windows because I couldn't find amber cellophane. [​IMG] That's a cotton ball gently pulled up for the "smoke" in the chimney, sliced almonds for the "stonework" on chimney. The front door, which I had a little trouble with is made from sugar cookie dough.

I would say all together it took me about 5 or 6 hours part time to put it together. It's still on my cupboard, I'm going to put it out tomorrow for the wild birds and squirrels. [​IMG]

No I didn't nibble on it, I ate the other holiday crap that was around! [​IMG]

5. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    I'm sorry, it just makes me HUNGRY! [​IMG]

Nice job.

Cheri

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Luna, that is adorable! And clever as well! I have never dared attempt such- [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've only been inspired by you guys....[​IMG] Sometimes that's all it takes..[​IMG]

9. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice!! I always wanted to make one of those out of real sticks....Might just do it now !! [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I actually used left over glass

Next time you need glass, melt sugar until it's clear and color it with food coloring, that is what I do. I love to do sugar art.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by