Loose air cells stink!! And so do POs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duck&chickencrazy, May 19, 2009.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Well i received some wonderfully packaged Runner duck eggs and i am blaming the stinking PO for the eggs being the way they were when i got them....

EVERY single egg had a loose air cell and they were REALLY loose to a couple eggs you were able to move the air cell from the top to the bottom of the egg! others were watery and loose...stinking PO!I incubated them anyways though

Out of all of them(18) 9 grew to hatch date and 3 have actually hatched and 2 more pipped...i probably would have gotten a better hatch rate if it had not been for the PO and their clumsiness.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Considering the circumstances, it sounds like you are having some what of a decent hatch. Not great, but decent.

Unfortunately, this is the risk you take when you have eggs shipped through the postal system. It is always a gamble.

Good luck with the rest of your hatch! I hope more pip and hatch for you! [​IMG]

3. KnightslilAngel

KnightslilAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    I got the same you did. cept i had Khaki Campbell Eggsd

I used the Egg carton technique and all grew and 2 the air cell reatatched.
    One didnt make it though im going to take it out soon.

But today is my hatch date and lastnight the 2 are moving and fill up the egg :3
    I'm just waiting now.
    OH I HOPE THEY HATCH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by