Loosing My Fancy Ladies

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elad2383, Jul 14, 2016.

1. elad2383

elad2383 New Egg

Jul 12, 2016
    Hello Everyone at BYC

I am new to this site but am having load of fun reading all the different Threads on all of the different areas of trying to raise different types of fowl.

my point of interest is along the breed of the Dark Brahma birds. a person in my location here in SC gave me 5 of these wonderful ladies. and hav gotten very close and friendly. They are like my little personal friend pets. I can feed them out of my hand some will let me pet/stroke there feathers. but alas a pesky fox has been taking my ladies while I try to catch it. but r she is very smart.

At this time I am looking for a breeder here in South Carolina hat may have some chicks for sale so that I could raise.

so any information would be great.

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Unfortunately I'm all the way out here in Cali so I can't help you much finding a breeder, but good luck anyways. DBs are lovely birds.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post on the predator threads so you don't lose any more of your lovely ladies. It's NOT inevitable, you can safeguard your birds.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. You could check out the buy/sell/trade forum to see what's available. You need to make 20 posts before you can participate.

Good luck
    Ct

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear your losing your birds to a fox. I've experienced an attack myself and sure is not nice. Are your birds in a secure run or out free ranging when they are taken? Keeping them secure would be most helpful in stopping your losses.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. elad2383

elad2383 New Egg

Jul 12, 2016
    Thanks to all that have responded to my plite. UPS is supposed to deleiver my trap this afternoon. So maybe I will be having fox stew for breakfast in the morning.

Will keep everyone informed as to our (my ladies) and I big game hunt.(LOL)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by