Loosing My Fancy Ladies

elad2383

Hatching
Jul 12, 2016
Hello Everyone at BYC

I am new to this site but am having load of fun reading all the different Threads on all of the different areas of trying to raise different types of fowl.

my point of interest is along the breed of the Dark Brahma birds. a person in my location here in SC gave me 5 of these wonderful ladies. and hav gotten very close and friendly. They are like my little personal friend pets. I can feed them out of my hand some will let me pet/stroke there feathers. but alas a pesky fox has been taking my ladies while I try to catch it. but r she is very smart.

At this time I am looking for a breeder here in South Carolina hat may have some chicks for sale so that I could raise.

so any information would be great.

Please post on the predator threads so you don't lose any more of your lovely ladies. It's NOT inevitable, you can safeguard your birds.

Hi and welcome to BYC. You could check out the buy/sell/trade forum to see what's available. You need to make 20 posts before you can participate.

Good luck
Ct

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear your losing your birds to a fox. I've experienced an attack myself and sure is not nice. Are your birds in a secure run or out free ranging when they are taken? Keeping them secure would be most helpful in stopping your losses.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Thanks to all that have responded to my plite. UPS is supposed to deleiver my trap this afternoon. So maybe I will be having fox stew for breakfast in the morning.

Will keep everyone informed as to our (my ladies) and I big game hunt.(LOL)

Back
Top Bottom