Loosing wing feathers - Can you help?

Right now my duck is doing the same thing, she is losing all of her wing feathers. She has prolasped twice this spring and before that she was laying soft shell eggs.
She also seems to be suffering from wet feather. I have checked the gland at the base of her tail and it is producing oil, but it is yellow on the feathers around it. Should I be concerned about the yellowing? I cleaned the area and for the first time in weeks she did some serious preening yesterday. She has not laid any eggs since she prolasped the second time. Her appetite is fine, as she acts like she hasn't eaten for days when I feed her. I cut back on the amount of food I was giving her, because she was getting fat, and I changed her feed to a higher calcium content. Also, the past few days she has not gone out to hunt bugs like before. She is free range and I let her stay out until well after dark, because that is when she hunts for her bugs. If she needs more vitamin E for her oil what is the best thing to give her to increase this deficiency, as she is still showing signs of wet feather.

Back
Top Bottom