Looters after Irene...REALLY!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Aug 31, 2011.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Happens after every hurricane or other natural disaster Red. I recall the same thing happenig after Hurricane Andrew.

Something about the storms, brings out the worst in people. [​IMG]

3. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    I can believe it.

Same thing happened here after the tornadoes. The police told the homeowner, even if their house was destroyed that they had the right to shot to kill if they caught looters on their property.

If this economy keeps going the way it is, they won't use storms as an excuse.

4. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    Did anyone take a second to read the comments? Someone asked where all the aid was for our disaster from other countries, celebrities, etc. Kind of makes you wonder....

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    No..didnt read the comments..
    I'll go check them out.

6. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    honestly not suprised. forecasting a storm to develop into another hurricane and take the same track as irene seriously hope not our area is still strugling to get back on its feet and we fared well but the ground is still soaked and more t storms are on the way i doubt our home will hold up through another storm right now

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Another one?? [​IMG]

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I think disasters bring out both the best and the worst in people. Some people step up, help others, help themselves and make the world a better place; others, they are the scum that builds up on an uncleaned toilet (think trainspotting).

9. goldtopper

goldtopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    It's amazing that up here in the Midwest, there's virtually none of that. Every year Fargo/Morehead floods. There's no looting and they have to turn away volunteers. There were tornadoes in St. Peter and Le Seuer and people were heading there in droves before the storm left the state!

10. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    My nephews went to Concordia, they sandbagged that river 3 years in a row. I never heard of looting or anything like that...but in Minnesota and N. Dakota, that would be considered impolite, and they don't do impolite very well at all....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by