Lord have mercy! My chicken laid a goose egg! The biggest I ever got.

Wow! Poor chicken! When mine first started laying one of them layed an egg a little smaller than a golf ball and it had no yolk! :eek: I didn't even know that could happen.

The same thing happened to us last year! I hard boiled all my bantam eggs, and went to peel and slice one for my salad. I stuck it in my egg slicer and much to my surprise, no yolk! I looked it up on here, and people were calling them fart eggs and wind eggs, lol. We got the biggest kick out of that.

Hahaha! A fart egg. Too funny. Once I found an egg that was discusting. They had laid it where the roost at night and it almost didnt have a shell at all you could see through it. It's strange the eggs that come out when they are learning to lay.
big_smile.png

Hahaha! A fart egg. Too funny. Once I found an egg that was discusting. They had laid it where the roost at night and it almost didnt have a shell at all you could see through it. It's strange the eggs that come out when they are learning to lay.
big_smile.png

Every once in awhile I'll get those. Some I find broken and some intact. It is strange, some of the weird eggs you end up finding.

big_smile.png

Rubber eggs are definitely interesting, aren't they? The only one we got was also laid off the roost and was pooped on all night.
tongue.gif

We got one pretty big as well. I think my dad was like whoa what are they being fed and can we feed them more XD. But I do believe its been said already there could be more than one yolk in there. I know in our case she gave one out the first time with two yolks inside.

Holy cow! That thing was ginormous! One of the first eggs my hens laid was a double yolker and it was definitely bigger than the others. But not even close to that one.

Would an egg that big increase the likelihood of a hen becoming egg bound?

Holy cow! That thing was ginormous! One of the first eggs my hens laid was a double yolker and it was definitely bigger than the others. But not even close to that one.

Would an egg that big increase the likelihood of a hen becoming egg bound?

I'm not sure, that's a good question though. After laying an egg that big, you would think the rest would just fall out, lol.

Back
Top Bottom