Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Don’t know yet/haven’t watched it/I’ll tell you when I watch it

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • What’s Lord of the Rings??

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Pics
I don't know if I want to join, but I would like to :pop

I have been a huge fan of the Hobbit and LOTR since I read the books, I think I started in what would now be called middle school, and re-read them multiple times through high school and college.

I did not much care for the early animations or attempts to make movies. The Peter Jackson movies, though were very good (though the expansion of the Hobbit was troubling). I don't know if I can say I have ONE character who is a favorite. In my youth I strongly identified with Strider (who later becomes revealed ....), but I really like Sam, and the dwarves, and all the Hobbits. I love the elves, and the Ents, and just about all the characters. It is such a fully imagined world. A bit short of female characters, which didn't bother me when I was younger, but I notice it more now.

Very excited to hear about the new Amazon Prime series, and hugely relieved that it doesn't chew over the same material as Hobbit or LOTR.

Just started reading the Hobbit. I like it so far, but goodness gracious it's a long winded and sometimes hard to follow story!
I feel like he could've developed his characters more, like so far I'm more than halfway through but I don't really know thorin very well, and I think he's a pretty important character.
But besides that I like it a lot.

Just started reading the Hobbit. I like it so far, but goodness gracious it's a long winded and sometimes hard to follow story!
My single biggest gripe with Pappa Tolkien has always been his annoying habit of spending 3 pages describing the trees, rocks, and grass at the roadside.

We get it, man! Move the story along please and thank you.

I feel like he could've developed his characters more, like so far I'm more than halfway through but I don't really know thorin very well, and I think he's a pretty important character.
But besides that I like it a lot.
Oh boy, then The Hobbit is probably your stopping point with Tolkien 😁

Back
Top Bottom