Losing feathers!

ChickenLoverTrin

Songster
Sep 28, 2023
Victoria, Australia
Hi all,
My two frizzles, Crackle and Luna, are losing feathers! Crackle has a huge patch on her back with feathers missing, and Luna on her tail. I'm clueless as to what this could be but I think feathers could be falling out because of our rooster? Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated!

Hi all,
My two frizzles, Crackle and Luna, are losing feathers! Crackle has a huge patch on her back with feathers missing, and Luna on her tail. I'm clueless as to what this could be but I think feathers could be falling out because of our rooster? Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated!
It's molting season. I'd feed them a bit more protein to help them grow their feathers back.

Can you post photos?

Sometimes hens do experience feather loss from mating, usually it's not cause for too much concern. A saddle can be placed on hens if it worries you a lot.

Molting is another reason for losing feathers, do you notice new pin feathers coming in?

Can you post photos?

Sometimes hens do experience feather loss from mating, usually it's not cause for too much concern. A saddle can be placed on hens if it worries you a lot.

Molting is another reason for losing feathers, do you notice new pin feathers coming in?
I haven't noticed any pin feathers coming in but I'll take some photos and upload them soon. Thank you so much for the idea.

IMG_4770[1].JPG
IMG_4768[1].JPG
IMG_4759[1].JPG
IMG_4757[1].JPG

Does that help at all?

Back
Top Bottom