Losing one newborn bunny daily

I get it, I used to live in the city when I first raised rabbits and I had no goats. KMR might keep them alive but they could develope some nasty diarrhea.
I live in the country and used to have goats, but no longer. I don’t have many friends and people who sell raw milk here are very hush hush and you have to be in their circles to get their milks

I have felt her belly and I feel her swollen nipples. But she won’t let me pick her up ever since she gave birth. I don’t to stress her to the point of not nursing any babies, so I haven’t pushed the issue.
I have held many does who hated nursing their babies, it'll frustrate her but both she and the babies will feel better.
She is eating rabbit pellets
Can you get her some sunflower seeds and oats?

I have held many does who hated nursing their babies, it'll frustrate her but both she and the babies will feel better.

Can you get her some sunflower seeds and oats?
Yes I can get her those.
Do I feed the oats raw/plain?

I don’t think it’s a lactation issue because most of her other babies are plump.

The most likely reason is they weren't getting fed. With so many babies, the mother rabbit will just hop into the nest, feed, and will not care about about the babies until the next feeding session. The stronger babies would have pushed the weaker babies aside. The babies tummies should look full after eating. If not, try grabbing the mother, and though it might make her unhappy, hold her and let the bunnies who don't look like they got as mush to eat suck. Make sure she still has milk though. I can not remember how much they should weigh at this age. I'm sure you could do your research and find out.

Hopefully someone else can help you a little more then I could. It's been a few years since I've had bunny babies.

Yes I can get her those.
Do I feed the oats raw/plain?

I don’t think it’s a lactation issue because most of her other babies are plump.
Yep, raw plain oats, just a few (maybe a half a teaspoon) will ensure that her milk supply is adequate and rich for her babies without depleting her.

Can you get a picture of her babies, and the ones that concern you?

Yep, raw plain oats, just a few (maybe a half a teaspoon) will ensure that her milk supply is adequate and rich for her babies without depleting her.

Can you get a picture of her babies, and the ones that concern you?
This is the one that concerns me. The others are in a different room. I just fed and stimulated this one. It hasn’t pooped yet though, am I supposed to do it until it poops? It has been peeing.

I don’t want to get up to take a pic of the others just yet. We have cats here and don’t want to leave it unattended.

Attachments

• B6C0D52A-08E6-4904-A2B4-EBD45BC3CB23.jpeg
    B6C0D52A-08E6-4904-A2B4-EBD45BC3CB23.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 3
But the others are about double the size of this one.
Okay. I would cycle babies. Take the strongest three or four and separate them for one feeding to let the weaker ones have an extra chance at food. Don't leave one by itself because it'll get too cold.
This would put the stronger ones at risk but if they're double the size I wouldn't worry.

What breed are the rabbits?

Okay. I would cycle babies. Take the strongest three or four and separate them for one feeding to let the weaker ones have an extra chance at food. Don't leave one by itself because it'll get too cold.
This would put the stronger ones at risk but if they're double the size I wouldn't worry.

What breed are the rabbits?
I honestly don’t know what breed they are. I took the mama in from a teenage girl who couldn’t care for her. She didn’t know the breed and I am a first time rabbit owner.

Back
Top Bottom