Loss of appetite, no other symptoms.

Aunty Bob

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Chooky Chan 7 years old pampered indoor chook, Not eating well for 2 weeks, losing wieght. only eats a little of her food then leaves it, even her favorite treats. droppings look normal, posture good. she IS NOT hunched, droopy wings or ruffled featers, Is resting more, not the bizy digging scratching litle hen she usually is. But still seems happy, when she is not well in past she usually displays this (vocaly,posture and behavior)
Her usual diet is whole grains(wheat,corn ,sorghum,millett,) Bread or cooked rice with milk once a day, fresh grass and bugs (self serve)

Have you tried giving her some vitamins like polyvisol? That's the only thing I can think of if everything else looks fine. Maybe check her crop to make sure there is no problem like being partially impacted. Is it possible she is just getting old at 7 years? I hate to even suggest it
sad.png

Thanks very much for advice, i was thinking of trying a supplement, we are going to the vet today. Do you have a recomendation for where to buy supplements etc. can you buy online? And I know at seven she's getting on but she has always been a healthy well cared for bird, and my plan is that she will make it to chooky legendary old age.

Back
Top Bottom