Loss of appetite

lfoose

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Medina, OH
I mentioned part of this in another post a while ago and I wonder now if I should be concerned.

I've noticed that my hen doesn't eat snacks anymore. She eats her regular somewhat and seems to be in a decent mood. But her crop doesn't ever feel like it's full and I want to say I think she's lost a bit of weight.

I give her poly V's about every other day. When I was giving them to her every day she seemed to have the runny poo's.

She is also one of my hens that I wonder if she was getting broody because of the increase in chatter.

Thanks.

Can you try to make some food that she will like to eat? Is she really broody? If she is she should be sitting on the nest and growling when you near. You say she has lost a lot of weight... and runny poo... I suspect worms may be an issue. Maybe a fecal float at your vet will be able to see if she has worms, as that can be a reason for weight loss.

I was thinking worms too so I gave her a wormer in her water...Wazin? But only for one day. The directions on the bottle weren't very clear on how long to give it to her. Should she have had it longer?

The vitamins have been given for about 2 wks now.

I hope someone helps you, becasue I was going to put up a post with the exact same title. Loss of appetite, thin, low energy.

I brought her into the house today and finally got a stool sample. She pooped 4 times. 1 was hard almost like a stick, 2 soft and black and one explosive runny black diarrhea. I dropped a stool sample off at the vet this afternoon.

Anyone have any ideas what I should be doing for her aside from hand feeding soft layer pellets with yogurt and chopped hard boiled egg?

I'm worried about Midnight!!!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom