Loss of Humidity over night

ourcozycoop

Chirping
Oct 16, 2018
The lid to the incubator was not properly put back on last night and we were down to 15% humidity this morning. I’m not sure for how long. Last check was before bed around 930

We have visable veining in 3 of the 7 eggs so far. I do hope this wasn’t enough to impact the development or cause them to stop developing?

What day are they on?
IMHO, humidity isn't that critical, especially for a single day.
What you're trying to achieve throughout incubation is about 13% weight loss. That could be over the course of the whole 3 weeks or intermittently. The embryonic development won't change if the humidity jumps to 100% or drops to 10% for a day or two.

Someone ran the eggs dry until lockdown and was able to up the humidity and made a successful hatch so I don't think you will have any problem.

What day are they on?
IMHO, humidity isn't that critical, especially for a single day.
What you're trying to achieve throughout incubation is about 13% weight loss. That could be over the course of the whole 3 weeks or intermittently. The embryonic development won't change if the humidity jumps to 100% or drops to 10% for a day or two.

Well that’s good to hear!! We are on day 4

One of our hens that goes broody often gets off her nest ALOT. I did reassure myself with this. As she is for the most part successful. Where as some of our other hens sit and don’t move.

I was def. looking for reassurance

Back
Top Bottom