Loss of precious one!

I miss these. Dog got them. A9B520CC-7B6C-49C4-A5C8-F1A47BC8844E.jpeg 9B3B646E-5898-4D18-BA8F-CB60B1699572.jpeg E8F7050C-2F47-4499-8185-295284565248.jpeg Fanta and Rootbeer

Oh no!
I am so very sorry to hear this about Ms. Partridge!

She must have been so dear to you. Go ahead and cry friend. Honestly, it is the only thing that’ll make you feel better.

Tomorrow morning though, do me a favor and get outside and wish the rest of your flock a wonderful day.

A few months back I lost a favorite one and for a day or two I could hardly speak to the rest of my girls. I just tended to them quietly.
I regret that so much now, because the one who passed away was the ringleader of silliness, the head hen of hilarity in my flock and the rest of them were lost without her for a few days.
Tears have been the order of the evening

Oh my gosh I am so sorry, I havent lost one yet, hope i never have to. One came close to being lost. So one day I had a few friends over to see my chickens. To my mistake we were holding them and having fun doing funny stuff, but my dog also happened to be out which we forgot about at the time. So we were holding all but one (Choy). So she happens to escape through the open door on the run (how stupid of me) and she starts running. Everybody outside was chasing her (including the dog!) So the dog gets her and pins her on the ground. He does not bite her, has his mouth around her neck but does not bite! So meanwhile i am holding a chicken in my hand trying to push a 140 lbs dog off my chicken. I couldnt do that so my father grabs him by the scruff and pins him down. I put the chicken I have in my arms up, as well as the other chickens, except Choy. As soon as she gets away from Boris (the dog) she darts for my garden. We have her surrounded, but somehow she find a break in the circle of people and head right into a hole in the fence into our neighbors yard. So next thing you know im scaling the fence. Now just an FYI my neighbors yard is so dense and full of trees and bushes and THORNY vines. LOL. So im in my neighbors yard trying to get the chicken back to the other side. I finally get her back over after a good 10 minutes. By then i guess she was tired of free ranging and decides to go back in the run. After all that I will never let my chickens out of there coop for now. And i didnt pet or even look at my dog for a week. There was feathers EVERYWHERE in the backyard for the next few days. Hope that was an interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom