Lost a Hen Help !!!

jeni1209

Chirping
6 Years
May 7, 2015
Tallahassee Fl
Hi, I lost a hen very suddenly with no signs. She was my favorite, she a 1 1/2 yr old Americana. She laid a egg that day, free ranged for a few hrs in the evening and then went to roost, everything normal. Next morning she's laying on the ground under the roost dead. It's like she just fell off and died with no signs of anything wrong. This has had me really confused on what could of happened or went wrong. Please any help to let me understand what could of happened would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I lost a hen very suddenly with no signs. She was my favorite, she a 1 1/2 yr old Americana. She laid a egg that day, free ranged for a few hrs in the evening and then went to roost, everything normal. Next morning she's laying on the ground under the roost dead. It's like she just fell off and died with no signs of anything wrong. This has had me really confused on what could of happened or went wrong. Please any help to let me understand what could of happened would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

It was probably a stroke or heart attack, even lightning or loud noises could cause her to die of natural cause.
Usually when a hen dies of mine I would inspect their vent area etc. to see if there are any parasites etc.

Back
Top Bottom