lost all 12 of my bobwhites lastnight

I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Bill Has A Good Point.... Food May Be Enough To Get You Started... Catch 1 And Use It As Bait To Call The Rest Back. Even A Hen Can Help Get 1 Male Back And Then He Can Help With The Others. Not Good Odds, But Worth A Try--- Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

One time my califonria valley quails scaped 2 weeks later the boy came back

I caught him at night 3 weeks later the hen came back

this was just unvelibable

Quote:
I have an advice for you, read the second call there:
69483_chamamentos2.jpg

I have already tried to play this calls in my laptop and my Bob's run straight to wherever the call comes.
So, to help you I have uploaded .rar a pack of that calls in .wav format, you can download it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHSHESW3
Now
, my advice is, at dusk put a computer playing this sounds in the repeat mode inside your barn as well as a small power presence lamp inside in the far corner with the door open, (barn or in somewhere you can close the door and seal it when you want), wait for them to get in and then close the door, after that you have to catch them inside, but at least you already know they will not go away.

Note: Each file has a call from a different individual that way your quail will feel that probably there are more quail in there and they are the ones that should move to there instead of just waiting for the guy to get to them.

Note 2: Do not play the files one after other, let a 3-6 seconds pause between them, you can make that by putting the files in looping in windows mediaplayer with a blank 6 seconds file between every file.

Good Luck from Portugal!

well ive had 2 eggs of 35 pip but nothing other then that and i havnt heard a sound from the to thats piped. still tring to catch the 12 that got lose but no luck so far.

only place i got power is at the house my building where i have my chickens and other animals is about 200yds from the house if not farther tried with an mp3 player but i didnt hear them tonight. on a good note though i got 3 baby quail hatched out right now.

Back
Top Bottom