Lost all but 3 adults.

I haven’t caught any rats yet, but I secured the door in the one cage and added a couple “test subjects”. They did fine for 3 days and nights so I added about 20 more juveniles from the grow out, and everyone was fine this morning. This weekend I’ll work on the other cage, and add a couple fresh test subjects. Hopefully they’ll do fine as well.

On a happy note, my 3-4+ week old Albinos were giving off some crows, and I officially have my first albino rooster. I was previously crossing the hens back to their dad in hopes of getting a roo, I had read some vague things about albinism being sex linked, and my experience seems to support this. Anyway it’s nice to have something going well with the quails again.

Last edited:
I haven’t caught any rats yet, but I secured the door in the one cage and added a couple “test subjects”. They did fine for 3 days and nights so I added about 20 more juveniles from the grow out, and everyone was fine this morning. This weekend I’ll work on the other cage, and add a couple fresh test subjects. Hopefully they’ll do fine as well.

On a happy note, my 3-4+ week old Albinos were giving off some crows, and I officially have my first albino rooster. I was previously crossing the hens back to their dad in hopes of getting a roo, I had read some vague things about albinism being sex linked, and my experience seems to support this. Anyway it’s nice to have something going well with the quails again.
I am so sorry . I use electric Rat Traps from Victor ,,, Company they work amazingly well even fr 3 in 1 and a weasel .

The one that's holding its wing at an odd angle, you should try to wrap it to sit at a more natural angle for the joint - it's really tricky to do and you may need to incorporate a body wrap, but steer clear of the crop if you can or at least don't restrict it.

You said it was a break? If it's compound, give it a few weeks to start mending first, then she may need a bit of physio to regain movement in the joint and break up any scar tissue.

We regularly get birds with blunt injury and breaks at the bird rescue where I volunteer and we use cold laser therapy along with the physio as it promotes bloodflow to the area and reduces swelling. - good for arthritis in people too, so will be adding one to my arsenal at some point, though they can be a bit pricy.
Lizzy. Looking for one (cold laser) for my geese, do you have any recommendations? Currently I have a goose going to a vet for treatment, but haven't gotten a consistent schedule and recently their machine broke.

Back
Top Bottom