Lost ALL of my birds this morning…

To me that sounds more like a dog,( or dogs). than coyote.
Well, we heard coyotes last night… but we also know of two large stray dogs that have been wandering around the area for a few months now. It could be either one. Either way, we'll be shoring up defenses for sure, and maybe grabbing a few geese for the barn/coop to keep us warned when anything is out there.

I'm getting a baby monitor for my coop.
They have some really good ones on the market.
One in the coop and the other with you.
It can't hurt.

I don't know how to edit my posts-sorry.
The monitor would give you a heads up.

Oh my, I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif
It's always hard losing pets.

Woke up this lovely easter morning to my brother crying that coyotes had jumped the fence around my
yard and dug under the wall of the coop, and killed all 12 (six adults, six 3-week-olds on their first night outside) of my chickens. Absolute carnage inside the coop… they didn't even eat most of them. :hit
It's been raining for a few days, and though the wire wall was reinforced on the bottom with both pressure-treated beams and iron stakes, the ground was soft enough for them to dig through. I'm so shaken up right now… my whole flock, totally gone. My sassy EE, with their brilliant feathers. My little olive egger, my itsy-bitsy polish babies, my brother's sumatra… not a single one left. RIP to Cheryl, Hop, Gracie, Susan, Olaf, Christie (it was her 1st birthday on Friday) Faustina, Jenny the Poof, Bumpy, Bella, Mimi, and Rose. I hate coyotes. :mad:

Omg I'm so sorry
1f622.png
how horrible. I can't imagine how u feel right now.

Well, we heard coyotes last night… but we also know of two large stray dogs that have been wandering around the area for a few months now. It could be either one. Either way, we'll be shoring up defenses for sure, and maybe grabbing a few geese for the barn/coop to keep us warned when anything is out there. 
I've heard muscovies are better deterrents than geese. A muscovy will actually do something about it and a goose will just cry about it.

Back
Top Bottom