Lost Chick. :-(

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Yesterday afternoon I was cleaning out the coop, and my toddler went in the garage to say hi to the baby chicks. I went to check on her a few minutes later and she was just putting bedding in their cage. We went out for the evening and when we got home I went out to check their temperature and everything, and I realized one was missing and the latch on their cage door was open. My two year old excitedly told us she'd put a chick in the grass to play on her swing set earlier. I guess I didn't notice because all of our birds were out in the yard, she must have set the chick down then ran back inside.

I searched for hours in the dark last night and found no signs of it. I was so hoping it would be out in the yard this morning, but after searching and searching still no sign. It was 4-5 weeks old and mostly feathered out, so hopefully it's fine. It's 57 degrees this morning. I'm worried it squeezed out through a gap in the fence and left the yard. My coonhound would have found it hiding out there, I'm certain. What do you do when a bird goes missing? I can't really just hang up missing chicken posters, can I? I live in a suburb.

Please pray that it reappears soon. I'm so worried!

Last edited:
Wait to see if it returns. I'm so sorry. It may show up, looking in the dark you can miss a lot of places.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

I found him!! I looked out the kitchen window earlier today and he was in the garage in front of their brooder desperately trying to fly into it. I was so glad!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Awesome, isn't great how the chickens always come home to roost?

I think I've heard that somewhere before....

Back
Top Bottom