Lost feathers

ARpullet

Songster
Oct 19, 2017
Paragould, AR
One of my hens has not grown her feathers back on her breast after she went through the molt. She has a bare breast spot about 2”x3”. Any suggestions on treatments. Thanks for your help.

I don't think it is something to be very concerned about. Secondly,,,,, I don't have any ideas on how to treat this. But this one bit does cross my mind. Broody hens often have reduced feathers on their breast area portion to better be able to incubate their eggs. Is it also a possibility that your chicken is able to pluck her own feathers from there??? Maybe there are mites or lice living there. Check for those. They usually congregate in the vent area portion. :idunno
If you do find parasites, then you should treat appropriately. Your other chickens may have the same also, if that is what is present.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Thanks
I don't think it is something to be very concerned about. Secondly,,,,, I don't have any ideas on how to treat this. But this one bit does cross my mind. Broody hens often have reduced feathers on their breast area portion to better be able to incubate their eggs. Is it also a possibility that your chicken is able to pluck her own feathers from there??? Maybe there are mites or lice living there. Check for those. They usually congregate in the vent area portion. :idunno
If you do find parasites, then you should treat appropriately. Your other chickens may have the same also, if that is what is present.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
ank

Back
Top Bottom