Lost half of my chickens

I know the feeling HALO. A vacation is a one day trip to Atlanta and back in time for evening milking. Potterwatch....I'm so sorry, Is it too cold to hatch where you are?

Take care. Nancy

I'm sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. We got our first 4 chicks in March of this year. We're currenlty staying/house sitting for an older couple for an extended period of time. Her daughter came into town with her 4 children in July, and the gate was left by her children and two of them were killed. She's never apologized even though she knows her children left it open. What was worse, is that we lost the two other just about 2 weeks later. The pain was too much for us that in August we went and got the chickens we have now.

I don't know if people like the daughter or your SIL can or will change. I'm just sorry that this experience had to happen to you with the loss and betrayal you must be feeling. Good luck to you.

Thanks everyone.

It's not too cold to hatch or get chicks, but I don't like having them inside for very long at all and if I hatch some or get chicks now, I will be stuck having them inside for 4-6wks and I don't want that nor do we have a decent brooder to use. I think I will just have to stick with the ones I have left until it warms up again and I can have chicks outside.

I am so sorry to hear that happened. Even worse when your sil does not even seem to think that she did anything wrong. I would be so LIVID.

I always worry when I leave town but my pet sitter has been wonderful. She is so careful and goes by my wishes. The animals are so happy with her that I swear that they do not miss me.

If my memory serves me right, I think you live pretty close to me. If you ever need help or my petsitters number just pm me.

I am getting chicks the end of this week and if you like I could easily raise them with mine if you like. I have a brooder and they will be inside. Just an offer. I know it is slim pickings w/ chicks right now but Kruse's in La Habra had a shipment of pullets. I saw some at Blacksmith's too.

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom