Lost my dog again!! Super sad and mad!

Sabz

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Quebec, Canada
I lost my dog again, just can't believe it!!!

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago, in november also.

She is a blind cocker spaniel. Two years ago the same thing happened, with all the machinerie around my house (it is harvest time and I live surrounded by fields) I thought my dog got confused by all the noise and got lost.

We found her 11 days later, in the woods at the end of my street (about 3.5km away from my house). It's the route we use whenever I walk my dogs.

I knew I had to put a fence around my lawn. I got an estimate and it was 1400$.
That's the same year as I started to fight against my neighbours with 50 cats..
That battle cost me 2600$, which I am still paying off of my credit card.....
So, I ended up NOT getting the fence.

Major error - dog fled again last wednesday. It's around freezing point now.. raining almost daily, windy..
I searched the same wood where we found her last year, in the rain, wind, cold.. and my family helped on sunday. My mom and brother think they heard her barking. We kept circling around the place where they thought they heard her.. no success.

Now it's dark BEFORE I get home! Arg.. makes the search so difficult.

I'm freaking mad at myself for not being watchful enough. But I guess this is A LITTLE BIT excusable, I've live 14 years with a blind dog and twice only I got my attention away and she fled. Living with disabled dogs is not always easy.

I'm even madder about the fact that I didn't get the fence done. I'm in the process of starting a company and thought that the loaded
credit card with the minimum payment not being met would look bad and the bank would refuse me.

Who am I to put money before my animals!!! I am a fool.

And then I'm even more mad at my city for not taking care of the cat issue. If they would have acted, I would have had a fence for 2 years now. My credit card had a max of 2500$ on it and I maxed it out for the stupid cat problem. I was left with nothing for the fence..

My boyfriend has not even asked once how the research has been going or wished me luck. I feel so alone.

I'm extra mad at myself, sad, disappointed.. and I feel so alone, no one cares except my mom and brother. I'm exhausted from walking about 15 km a day during the weekend and maybe 6km a day during the week days.. I'm cold and wet all the time. I change cloths about 3 times a day to keep dry.. I keep twisting my ankles in the woods, the fallen leaves hide all the holes in the ground.. I fall, I slip, I met with skunks..

Anyhow.. just came her to share my feelings.. I already know many tricks and what to do in these cases, but it's hard even so :(.

Moral of the story: if anything is needed for my family or pets it goes on the credit card and I shouldn't keep it for later.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I hope you find her.

Aww. thanks.

I actually just thought of what can help me. Any hunters out there? ;)

Any tips on finding her in the woods would be great. Like I guess I should walk with the wind blowing from me to the direction where we think she is, for her to smell us.

Also, I'm trying to find her tracks. Any help in that area would be good. It's hard, lots of leaves falling on a daily basis + wind + rain. I found a few poops that I checked for blond hair but it was negative. Not sure if even an expert would be able to track an animal in these conditions.

Is this a message from above or what?

This morning a cute, tiny little pinscher arrived on my lawn while I was feeding the chickens. I heard my husky moving around, I checked and she was playing with a little boy pinscher. Who is that??? It's 6h30AM.

I went in front of my house, the whole street was calm. No human in sight. I had to go to work in 5 minutes, didn't know what to do!!!

Puppy (well, he is about 10 months old) came inside and ate like crazy. He ate 2.5 cups of food and he must weight about 7-8 pounds. He is thin, but not like a stray dog.. he smells bad, but his owner could have a farm. His fur touched like dirty fur..

I couldn't decide if he was out for a long time or not! A dog living with people that own a barn will look and smell a bit like him. He has a collar but no medal.
I couldn't put him back outside. My house is second on a street. Then, my street crosses a 80km/h road and people drive FAST. My cat was killed on that road two years ago.. so I decided to keep the puppy until tonight, and then I'll knock on my neighbours' doors again. Maybe I'll find my dog at the same time :)

I felt thorn, I didn't know if I should keep him or leave him outside and he would return safely home. I thought: if someone finds my dog, I wish they took her inside instead of back outside for her to roam, get lost or killed by a car. So I decided to do the same for him. I hope his owners are not running around looking for him and that I made it worst :(

hugs.gif

I think bringing it in and feeding it was a good thing.
I am sorry it gets so dark so early for you now.
I too hope someone brought your dog in.
Is there a local place that most of the area goes to that you can put up a flyer?
Lost dog?found dog?
A stop sign or a street sign that you can place a picture of your dog?
I would be in such anguish, I feel so badly for you.

Yes, Yes I put up flyers! And yesterday since I was searching for the pinscher's owners, I knocked at many of my neighbours' doors. No one had seen MY dog or this new dog. It's like he came from another town!! I live in a really small town, I doubt there is any information/new dogs or humans that could remain hidden from that many houses!

I'll bring him in the woods with me, maybe he can help.

I went after work this week. God it's creepy!!! I had a head lamp and I could see little eyes between the trees, watching me. I was able to go about 1km inside the forest and then I just got the creeps from seeing all those eyes and the strange sounds. It's pitch black in those woods! Not as efficient as during the day, but a lot calmer. I have faith to hear her barking when I go at night, whereas in the day I can sometimes hear saws, 4 wheelers, many other animals..

I'm not giving up, except now I'm a lot more tired because I have to take care of Mini (I called the pinscher Mini, he seemed to respond to word finishing with "ee" sounds). This morning he was up at 4AM. If I don't watch him constantly or tie him up, he pees on my furniture!! Bad, bad boy! ;)

Other than that he is a super fun dog. He plays with my husky and I have never seen her play so much. They fit well together. At least I don't have to deal with a dog battle also! hehe

I'm sorry you haven't found your dog yet but glad Mini is fitting in (except for the furniture thing). Maybe someone just dumped the poor little guy off as they were driving through town?

I know! I thought about that but it just makes no sense to me.

First he is young, cute, small and non-castrated. He could have been sold EASILY for a lot of money - either for families or breeding purposes.
Secondly, if someone abandons an animal, would they remove the collars? I am not sure about that part, never having thought about doing something like that.. but it's weird that he has a collar!

There is no way a small dog with short hair like that could survive a Quebec winter. Poor puppy.

My Mom says she asked my grand-mother (who passed away) to help us find my dog. We keep saying she misheard and sent me the wrong dog!!!!!

I hope I can find mine.. I am sad when I think about her, cold, in the woods.. gee :(.

Back
Top Bottom