Lost my favorite hen! Tame breeds?!

Quote:
the euska oiloas are absolutely known for being the friendliest of friendly birds.
silkies also seem to have that reputation, and there are a few others...
smile.png

Sorry about your pet. I home she comes back. I lost one of my Euskal Oiloas a few weeks ago too she just disappeared, and I was so sorry to lose her. Of course she was the friendliest of them all and they are all totally tame. Rivers, glad you got those cockerals, I know you will love them! I ended up keeping an extra breeding cull rooster from last year because he is so friendly!
wink.png

Here is an article on ones I have found the most friendly out of over 40 breeds, I love the D'uccles too! Mine fly up on my shoulders, knee or head whenever they get a chance. Total lap chickens! My 2 pet black sumatras are not particularly docile but love to get on my knee and in my coat in the winter, they are so intelligent and have pretty good predator avoidance instincts.
http://www.squidoo.com/rarest-and-best-heritage-chicken-breeds-rare-breed-poultry-rare-chickens

hugs.gif

Im sorry for your loss. Why don't you get another sex link? My gold comets are SO laid back and tame. They never even fight over the pecking order either. They're just a big hippie commune totally at peace with the world and each other
tongue.png
Ok now I'm tempted to paint them blue and lable their coop Smurfville....

The only drawback to this is that red/gold sex links will almost always be on the bottom of the pecking order when mixed with other breeds. Poor things.

Back
Top Bottom