Lost my flock of Faverolles. :(

luckyramu

Songster
14 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Apple Valley
I haven't posted here in a long time. I haven't had much of a need because things have been running smoothly.
I had a great group of birds- 7 faverolles (2 chicks, 3 hens, 2 roos [with wonderful personallities and nice color]) and
a dear little cochen.

My son was sent to A school for the coast guard and he dropped off a husky for me to watch.
It chewed through the wire and killed the entire flock. I spent months getting these birds and months growing them.

There's nothing more to say. My wife and I will have a crowless morning tomorrow. I'm gonna take a pill and hit the sack.
Jonathan

Am soooo sorry for your loss... dog broke into my chicken house many years ago and killed just about all of mine, dragged them off their perches as they slept. I was devastated also. I rebuilt and got more fuzzybutts but it took time.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry. It makes me sick. All the care, time, money, and hard work we put into our birds can be taken away in an instant, and for a stupid reason.

My old dog killed his last few rare pullets this morning. I needed to euthanize him soon anyway, and felt bad about that ... now, I don't feel so bad.

My thoughts are with you and your family ...

I am so sorry
sad.png
I think husky needs to be introduced to an electronic training collar...PM me if you would like the info on the model I bought to train my dog who liked to run off. Pricey $200-$300, 27 levels of correction and a 1/2 mile range...worked wonders.

Last edited:
I also very much condone the use of electronic training collars. I have a pitbull / husky mix who would not be alive today if it were not for his. He knew all the basic commands and then some (along with sign language) before the collar was ever a part of his routine but it was entirely necessary due to his dominant tendencies and chasing. He is a great dog, not a breed combo I would ever suggest or have again but is very good with my birds, stands guard with me out in the yard and is on the scene when the ducks sound the alarm or he catches wind of an intruder.

Thanks. The dog will be leaving on the 12th. Its not my dog.
Its morning and quiet. Im sorry kcaywood. Dogs are lovable creatures.
I have three dogs of my own and shared the yard without a single incident.
They were not part of the bloodbath, but probably coward away somewhere.
When i came home, the husky was in the pen with a bird in its mouth.

Thanks for the support.
sad.png

Aw geez I feel really bad for you and your wife. I hope you get a start again and soon have your mornings returned to normal. I lost my roo and two hens to my own dog last week. My roo was just beginning his practice with crowing. I've got another roo and 16 chicks on the way. Maybe start some to grow out over the winter?

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom