Lost my whole flock💔😪

Oct 14, 2021
I just lost all 7 girls to a neighbors dog. I'm literally sick. But I just love these creatures so much. They're loving and smart. And I'm hoping by starting again it will heal my heart.

While they're growing safe indoors with me. Ill be expanding and fortifying my run. The run is safe. But I made them a chickenwire fenced yard to play in. But the neighbors got a new dog I didn't know about. We're way out in the country and he came through the woods and killed all 7 girls. My heart is broken.

Attachments

• 20220402_143313.jpg
    20220402_143313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220331_180607.jpg
    20220331_180607.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 19
I lost several to some neighborhood dogs. It was terrible. I’m sorry you had to experience that.

Do you know the neighbors?
I don’t know where you stand on “defending your flock” but there are different avenues you can take. Talking to the neighbor, legal action and lethal action(on your property only).

Unless the dog has a reason to not come back he will. That is a problem you absolutely need to address. Depending on the size of the dog it might mean A LOT more fortification than normal, or at least what you are used to. He needs to be kept away from your flock. The owner is absolutely responsible but sometimes we can’t depend on other people to be responsible. If the owner doesn’t keep him, you will need to scare him off.

In my county, animal control will come out and put humane traps out and the owner will have to pay to get them back. Each time following, it costs more. And at some point they will not be allowed to get the dog back.
Good luck. I hope your new flock does well.

Back
Top Bottom