Lost our 8-week-old BA today UPDATE!! Post #6

KristaBeth

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Providence, RI
The older chicks were out foraging in the back yard and I went out to check and only found two of them - they were in the kids' playhouse and uncharacteristically quiet. Our BA and BO were nowhere in the yard. I went over to the neighbor's yard and called for them, and heard cheeping from underneath his car. Thought they were both under there but only found our BO, with a bloody cut right next to her comb. Mystery is no where to be found
hit.gif

My kids are devastated and I am so sad - she was one of our first chicks.

Now trying to find someone in our area that will sell us one or two BA chicks. My son (who named Mystery) wants another just like her.

Bummer.

Last edited:
sad.png
Did they get out of your yard, or are they just free-range? It's such a bummer when something like that happens, especially when you have kids.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
She came back!!!!
celebrate.gif

We went out into the yard about 5:30 and there she was, trying to get back into the coop! Not a scratch on her. I guess she must have been hiding, I'm pretty sure something came into the yard and scared them all, and hurt my BO.

Lesson learned, they are always going to be supervised when free-ranging from now on!

Yay!

Back
Top Bottom