11 Years
Apr 23, 2013
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

We lost our wonderful RIR Noodle and RIR Empress... Not sure what killed Empress but when we brought our dogs out in the morning, they soon found the body. (As did my 10 yr old daughter
hit.gif
) Noodle must have been taken off somewhere and eaten, because she is nowhere to be found (and we have looked everywhere) and around the neighborhood.

Noodle was mine and my 2 yr old's favorite out of our former 5. Penguina whom grew up with Noodle and Empress has been very depressed... no longer active much and pretty much stays in her "area" that she and the others had liked.

Noodle and Empress (and Penguina) were our first chickens. Penguina is almost 8 weeks now.

Were getting more chickens, but still rather sad.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
hugs.gif
It does sound like a predator that is obviously not scared of your dogs. It would be better to get your lone pullet and any future ones in a predator proof coop and run to prevent any future losses. That predator will most likely come back, because he knows where to find food now.

Yeah, were fixing it up this weekend. It seems like it might have been an eagle, we have a few around this area and been seeing a few lately.

Back
Top Bottom