Lost Power for 1.5 Days on day 18

Wow, so your eggs went pretty late! I decided to candle mine tonight or tomorrow to give them little more time to develop after the outage so I can clearly see which to cull, which to keep. I am super curious, but at the same time nervous to candle
I read to mark what side is laying up for the ones that are in the final stages and be sure to lay them that side up when you put them back. Yeah they are very late. I have a couple shaking so it'll be close to 30 days maybe by the time they are all hatched

wow! Was your incubator opened or closed during the outage? I removed the lids of ours to give the eggs more air flow.

I read to keep it closed and throw towels on the to keep the warmth in so I put the biggest blanket I could on it. The next morning when we still didn't have power we started a fire in the fireplace and I took the top off to warm them up till the generators got here.

Nice! So I couldn't wait in suspense any longer, so I candled..............Here are the results......drumroll please!!
Out of 17:
2 Died
2 are questionable (Have veining but no movement, they are Marans on day 16 so very hard to tell)
the rest seem alive and well! Movement and veins.
Phew.😅 That's a weight off my shoulders! Thank you Lord!!!

Nice! So I couldn't wait in suspense any longer, so I candled..............Here are the results......drumroll please!!
Out of 17:
2 Died
2 are questionable (Have veining but no movement, they are Marans on day 16 so very hard to tell)
the rest seem alive and well! Movement and veins.
Phew.😅 That's a weight off my shoulders! Thank you Lord!!!
Oh good!!!!!!! I know how relieved you are! So just delayed like mine! Yay!!!!

We got 2 baby chicks so far, 2 pipped, and the other one was rocking yesterday so hopefully it pips soon too and that'll be all of them. Kids are taking turns naming them so we have French Fry (Dad is a Salmon Faverolle- French breed, named Frenchie) and Cherry. Our 2 year old has decided the next one out is named Rooster 😆

Back
Top Bottom