Lost power just over 24 hours in

Mike78

Hatching
Apr 11, 2021
I put eggs in the incubator (NR 360) Friday night. I woke up a little after 8 this morning to realize the breaker the incubator is on tripped around 1 in the morning. (~30 hours after being put in the incubator). The temperature in the room had dropped down to 67 degrees before I got the heat going again. Is all lost, or do they still have a chance of hatching?

Don't give up on them yet... They might still have a chance. Make sure you have a backup power source or a very very warm area in case it happens again

Don't give up on them. We had a batch incubating during the big freeze in February and had intermittent power for 5 days; 15 minutes on, 1-1/2 hours off. 7 hour off, 45 minutes on. 5 days of that and inside temps down to the upper 50's/low 60's. Had 22 eggs in a Nurture Right 360 and 14 hatched. Out of the 8 that didn't, several of them weren't fertile.

So don't even think of giving up. Pretend it never happened and keep looking forward to HATCH DAY!!!

Ugh, I didn’t get any notifications for replies on this. We candled on Friday (day 7), and most show development!

I put a govee in, and that shows the temp going up and down. I’ve stuck a kitchen thermometer probe in through a vent opening, and it shows the temp where it should, even when the govee shows 97.

I could use recommendations for accurate thermometers!

Back
Top Bottom