Lost power, will they make it?

Jake1297

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Western Maine
Very early this morning we lost power for about 6 hours. I didn't know until I got up and by then the incubator was 75 degrees. I placed it with the top off near the wood stove and after a couple hours got the temp up to 97. Finally the power came back on and now all is back to normal. Do you think any of them will make it? Anyone else run into this problem? Either way, I'll let it go and see what happens. They should be hatching on the 5th of March.

I lost power 2 times. First time was around 6 hours, second time i had the incubator in a computer power supply that lasted me 30 minutes and then 4 hours out of power....I also had problems regulating the temp....94 to 108. I was sure them to be dead but kept on because I'm no quitter. I also did reiki (energy work ) on them hoping for them to hatch. Well 7 of the 15 did hatched. had to help a few of them but they are doing great

Have you candled lately? I lost power twice this past week also, fortunately I was home both times and got the generator going before the temp got too low. I candled again yesterday and they're all still alive. Don't give up, they're very resilient and you'd be surprised how they bounce back after a temp drop.

Last edited:
That's good news for losing power, I'm still going for it and keeping my fingers crossed. Right now it's holding steady at 100 degrees. I will post the outcome here on this thread after the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom