Lotion suggestions?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TerriLaChicks, Jan 4, 2010.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    What kind of lotion do you all use? I'm looking for something that preferably I can find here locally, over the counter type recommendations! I usually don't have a problem with dry skin, but this unusually cold weather is wreaking havoc on my skin!

We are getting snow flurries here in central La. this morning...[​IMG]

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:My hands and wrists get really dry, especially with the freezing temps we are having now. I have found that I really love the Mary Kay satin hands. I also found something called Dionis at Cracker Barrel made with goat's milk that I really like.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Right now we are liking Aveeno Baby lavender and vanilla calming comfort lotion.

4. chickenvirgin

chickenvirgin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Blaine Lake, SK
    Vaseline's cocoa butter deep conditioning lotion.....it's cheap and wonderful and it smells like summer!

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, I JUST bought a bottle of Keri lotion in a black bottle; it's supposed to nourish your hands overnight, so I have it on my bedside & put it on last night for the first time. I was very impressed, and it wasn't expensive, either!

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Well, My mom makes cream (lotion) for us, it's soft on the skin and healing wounds.

7. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Neutragena has a great lotion for dry hands.It's thier Norwegian Hand Cream. It's amazing! Works better than some of the stuff I have had perscribed. There is also a baby excema (sp?) lotion in the baby section, it has Pooh Bear on the tube, it's fantastic!!! Youngest DD is biracial and gets very dry skin, this works wonders!

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    We use the Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion too, it works very well.

9. cndula@elp.rr.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    El Paso, Tx
    I have extremely dry skin and I live in a VERY arid climate. Most lotions disappear on my skin soon after I apply. I started using Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion and it actually stays on my skin til I shower the next day. You may have to reapply on your hands after washing them. It actually improved the texture of my skin. It's more than I usually spend on lotion but worth it.

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    utter cream ....at the feed supply stores.

yuck but works:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by