Lots and lots of eggs in every color =)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rebecca10782, May 3, 2009.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Here is about a weeks worth of eggs from EE's, Wellsummer, Marans, Barred Rock, Buckeye, and Turken.

This one is not great, but I wanted to get all the eggs in one shot [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Largest and smallest egg

[​IMG]

Marans and Wellsummer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has a very weird texture on one end [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a beautiful collection of eggs! [​IMG]

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Soooo pretty! *off to find someone selling marans or welsummers*

4. montcapu

montcapu Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    laingsburg, MI
    get collection of eggs...congrats

5. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    That is really neat! Such beautiful colors! I can't wait for mine to start laying.....just about 4 weeks away. Kind of like waiting for Christmas when we were kids.

6. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!! how many different breeds do you have? these eggs are GORgEOUS!!! [​IMG] By the way, do you sell your eggs?

7. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Beautiful! How many hens do you have?!

8. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Quote:Thanks, We have EE's (I can't beleive we got one olive egger [​IMG]) that lay THE most beautiful variety green and blue and cream eggs, Marans, a few lay dark eggs and few lay cream eggs [​IMG] Actually, I am glad we got a few defective ones because it just adds another unexpected color to the basket! I'm kidding, I wouldn't get rid of my babies even if they never laid anything [​IMG] A Turken that lays beautiful huge tan eggs with tiny speckles, a barred rock that lays really oblong shaped tan eggs, and a Buyeye that lays darker tan and sometimes pink eggs [​IMG]
    No, we don't sell our eggs. We just give some away to the nice neighbors and friends. The three dogs also get a fresh raw egg or two a day too. I was sooo excited when we got our first, because I hadn't eaten an egg in years. I am a vegan and can't eat lots of stuff because of the animal products like eggs and can make lots of stuff with them now. I think I can even make mayo, which I love. Does anyone know how to make mayo???

9. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Quote:We have fourteen. Most of them lay daily and we have been getting a lot of double yolks.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You've got some wonderful "Olive" and green eggers. Now all you need to add are some Blue, White and Cream layers and you'll have the entire spectrum!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by