Marans
Light Brahmas
Australorps
Cochins

Also selling 8 week breeding trios in:
BLRW
Marans
Wheaten Ameraucanas

Local pick up or can meet you at a local swap.

Hello again, its me from Hillsboro..How are those partridge cochins doing? I am on lock down right now, so I am anxiously waiting......What do you have as far as the cochins right now?

I have cochin frizzle batams, cochin standard blacks, and today is the 21st day and they are chirping and trying to crack the shell. I have black bantam cochins and blue orpingtons in the other incubator which will go into lock down on Monday the 12th.....The blue orps are mine. Question, if they started pipping today a.m. how long to get out of the shell? I no alot can happen, but a ball park answer will do. I have been reading all the incubating and info all day yesterday, and today.....What do you have now? chicks?

From pip to hatch can take anywhere from 1 hour to 24. After 24 I tend to investigate if they are dried out and stuck or not. If they are not stuck I leave them alone and let nature take its course. I just had my 4th 100% hatch end last night!!!
celebrate.gif

So happy with the hacthing results from this year!! But...this way they add up much more quickly.
hu.gif
ya.gif

I have many chicks available! day olds to 9 weeks now.
Wheaten Ameraucanas
BBS Cochins
BBS Marans
1 Salmon Marans
Australorps
Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons
Light Brahmas
Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

thats amazing. I tried my best at keeping the humidity 35% till day 18, & 65% on lockdown....Do you have a different method? This is my 2nd time tryiing with the eggs. I use to buy chicks, and boy did the postal fees get ya. I have to see what come out of theis hatch, then I will have my bearings on what I am doing...The black and blue orpingtons are from good stock. I got them from tuffoldhen on this site. So I have them hatching too.....

I am incubating dryer this year. I am keeping it 25% to 30% and then 50%-55% during lock down. Seems to be working better. I only put water in once every 3 days and if i need to I adjust the % with the plugs.

Are you selling BLRW chics now?i would love to take a look at them,how old are they now?I got my roo and hen off you sweet birds...
Thanks lisa,

Hi There,

I do not have any BLRW chicks available. They sold like hot cakes. i do have some marans, cochins and light brahmas in the brooder.

Thanks for asking!!

Back
Top Bottom