Lots of chicks, How many breeds can U identify (more pics added)

ARose4Heaven

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Flippin, AR
A few of my 100+ 5 week olds

Here's a bunch hiding in the corner

28261_5_week_old_chicks_009.jpg

Here's an interesting character

28261_5_week_old_chicks_010.jpg

Here's a pretty pair

28261_5_week_old_chicks_008.jpg

Last edited:
Rhode Island Reds, barred rocks, turken (the one with no feathers on it's neck) and.. maybe a black sex link? Oh, and maybe some Austrolorps

I am breed illiterate, but after 5 weeks of study, I think I have...

Barred Rocks
Partridge Rocks
Silver Laced Wyandots
Red Sex Links
Austalorps

White Jersey Giants ( see pic below )
28261_5_week_old_chicks_013.jpg

There are others I haven't identified yet.
28261_5_week_old_chicks_002.jpg

28261_5_week_old_chicks_005.jpg

I have several Naked Necks, and they are great layers and meat birds! Your looks to be pure NN, It doesn't look like he/she has the poof of feathers at the base of its neck, so if you hatch chicks from it they should all have NN!I think you might have some Wyanndottes, and maybe a few minorcas!?
big_smile.png

First photo I see a Dominique, a bunch of either Leghorns, Partridge Rocks, or Welsummers, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet as well as a few possible Dark Cornish.

Second photo is a Naked Neck with some Leghorn/Rock/Welsummers

Third photo is a pair of Silver Laced Wyandottes, boy on the right

Your next guessed breeds are indeed correct. The unidentified cockerel is again either a Welsummer, Partridge Rock, or Leghorn. Hard to say at that age. The next photo shows what appear to be Dark Cornish. Do they have sawtooth/single combs or pea combs?

The last two photos all seem to have "ordinary" saw toothed combs. I had thought they might be partridge rocks, but they don't seem to have the barring like some of the others have.

Sorry about the dirty nest boxes where the pics were taken...they are in my storeroom until I need them again. It's the only place I could find that the little critters would stand still long enough to get pictures taken.

Back
Top Bottom