Lots of eggs. Not much time to go! -UPDATE- I HAVE A CHICK!!!!-PIC!

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Well.
I have 23 chicken eggs distributed throughtout 2 incubators. Incubator 1 contains 6 very fertile chicken eggs, with 6 seb. eggs that I am positive are NOT fertile. And bator 2 contains 17 chicken eggs with 5 east indie X call duck eggs, and as far as I can tell, there are 13 out of 17 chicken eggs in there that are fertile... some I can't tell for sure yet. The duck eggs have been added recently, so I can only tell one is fertile at the moment.

So I am very eggcited!

Does anyone know if I should unplug the automatic turner on day 18?
Thanks... it's very important that I know for sure!

Last edited:

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
For incubator 1, I'm on day 14... thats my handturning bator. And for bator 2, I'm on day 7 for the chicken eggs and day 1, 2, and 3 for the duck eggs... I might move them to my other bator once the chicks hatch out of bator 1.

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
incubator #1 is due to have some hatchlings this weekend. Tomorrow I plan on getting the brooder out and around and heating up the garage.

Bator #2 hatches next weekend... I figure I'm supposed to turn the automatic turner off day 18?

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
My bantam egg hatched about an hour ago! I expect to see the other five hatching tonight and tomorrow and possibly even sunday! This is soooo exciting!

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
yeahhhhhh how exciting cant wait to see pictures.
jumpy.gif

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
I'll get pictures when they're done hatching. I know the bantie is a mix because it has feathered feet, so its' mom must be my black cochin bantie... so dad must be my grey japanese bantie.

I have a question to everyone, I know standard and bantam chickens get breed successfully... but can a standard roo breed to a bantam hen and successfully have a baby out of a bantie egg? The chick is def. a bantie.

Also another question is on day 18 for my automatic turning bator, do I unplug the automatic turner?

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I will tell you what I know. I was told to turn off the turner and take them out of It. It should tell you in the directions that came with the turner. Good luck.
big_smile.png

Top Bottom