lots of question about how much quail eat-i have the answer

youridreezen

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
Hi all.
over the last two months i have seen close to a dozen questions about how much Coturnix Quail eat, well i have the answer.
i have 10 little week old jumbo Coturnix Quail in a brooder, i will be updating every week how much feed i use.

feed used to raise 10 jumbo Coturnix Quail to one week old.
answer: 16 oz.
so 1.6 oz per quail for the first week.
i also weight the quails and they are 0.8oz at one week old.

next up date will be posted on 17th of feb.

any questions or comments plase feel free to ask/post.

regards youri.

sorry i got it wrong it was 16oz not 10oz have edited my post.

Last edited:
Youri the byc world will be singing your name in praise!

Neat project, will produce some very useful information for some folks. In all seriousness, Thank you.

I'm not trying to poo poo your research, but I think you are under feeding your chicks. Coturnix chicks generally don't cannibalize each other in the brooder. They do their level best to kill themselves, but not each other.

Quote:
So you just let them eat all they will/can eat??

YES! I sure do. I have not lost any quail to cannibalism yet.
fl.gif

PLEASE my quails have as much food as they want.

PLEASE NOTE: if this keeps going like this i will STOP posting the answer, i am only doing this to help people NOT to start a fight.

SORRY I GOT IT WRONG: when i weight the feed before starting i had 26oz after a week i had 10oz LIFT sorry for what i said before i will edit my fist post and change it

so 1.6 oz per chick to raise them to one week old.

regards youri.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not sure where to begin.
I wasn't disputing your math or measurements. I don't happen to know exactly how much feed a coturnix chick needs in one week. I wish I did, and applaud your research. I just don't know.

I was reacting to your later post that talked about Canadianism in your coturnix chicks. I have never seen it, farrier!, has never seen it, and most likely 20 other people reading this thread have never seen it. The 20 others are most likely sitting on their hands, because you are getting so defensive and they know it will end very badly for them when you whine to a moderator.

When publishing data to any site, expect pier review. Also expect people that have been raising coturnix successfully for 3+ years to give pointers on your first hatch. We are not EVIL people and we really want you to succeed. You may even learn a thing or two.

Back
Top Bottom