Lots of questions about my gooses behavior and other stuff

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ben is a terror, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    Gwen the sebbie turned 1 month yesterday. Can you guys help me.
    1. she yawns and kinda drools while watching TV at night.
    2. I'm not sure if she needs food or water in her pen at night she is inside.
    3. She has out grown her container can I put her in a dog crate?
    4 What do I put in for bedding?
    5 she has a diaper on order. Can she wear it over night or is that to long a time?
    6 she nibbles on everything will she ever stop?
    7 she won't touch treats even peas

anyone out there have an indoor sebbie that can help me along the way?

2. BullCreek

BullCreek Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Our geese live outside, so I can't say much for the indoor type questions, but I can give you my take on 6 and 7.

Our geese are a little over 3 months old, and they still put everything in their mouths. They're like toddlers. Everything has to be tasted. Sticks, rocks, clothing, anything colorful... Mine especially like shoes and shoelaces. They can untie a double knot faster than I can. [​IMG]

As for treats, ours are a little wary of anything new. I've gotten mine to try new treats by putting them on the ground and picking at them much like if I was plucking grass. They usually come over to see what sort of goody I've found. Even still, not all of them like the same things. Ex: my Toulouse gander is a watermelon hog, but my African female doesn't care much for it.

3. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    At one month old she should be fine without feed at night.
    I have two geese, one was very nibbley as a baby, the other not so much. The one who liked to chew still does bite on things but not so much anymore. She knows not to nibble people's skin, only cloths now.
    Mine only like to eat watermelon as a treat and sometime chicken meat. Other than that they will not eat anything expect their poultry feed and grass. They will not tough peas, leafy vegetables, bread etc. But they sure live watermelon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by