Lots of wind eggs

I'm glad your hen laid a normal egg, chickenboy190!

I know a lot of times shelless eggs can be caused by calcium deficiency, so that could be your problem. In my case, when my pullet lays eggs with shells, they always have little calcium bumps on the fat end, so I think she probably has enough calcium. It's probably that she's a new layer and still working things out. Does that sound right? I have oyster shells out for the hens but I don't think they are eating any. None of them are super high-producing breeds though, so maybe they just don't need any extra calcium. I don't know.

With my hen that only lays wind eggs, I am planning to sell her as a stew hen I guess. I was hoping there might be an easy fix, since I am struggling with this decision. But I can only have a small number of hens, and I'd like to get some eggs from them.
Thanks!

Oh okay yeah. I gave them some yesterday. yes, I get lot's of them with that on them I don't care about that though.

Well we had no laying then no she'll, then there has been thin she'll with no yolk for months. Any ideas?

Well then her comb fell sideways and lost colour and today we found her dead in the pen. Anyone have ideas why. She was 3 years old

Back
Top Bottom