Loud!

Raverdog

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
I Have a Barred Rock that goes NUTS when she sees me. She also goes nuts when she lays an egg. She is very aggressive toward the other hens. We got rid of her brother :( (he was beautiful) but I am scared as we may updet our neighbors. Any suggestions?

I Have a Barred Rock that goes NUTS when she sees me. She also goes nuts when she lays an egg. She is very aggressive toward the other hens. We got rid of her brother :( (he was beautiful) but I am scared as we may updet our neighbors. Any suggestions?
:welcome

Are you allowed chickens where you live? If so, don't worry about your neighbours, or bring them eggs if you are really worried. Free eggs is often all it takes to please the neighbours.

I find that my barred rocks are my loudest. They love to talk, and I love to talk back. I do find it gets better when they are a bit older and less bothered by laying an egg. However, God forbid someone is in their favourite nesting box. They will flip out and whine until they get their way!

Makes me glad my barred rocks are EE crosses. They are very mellow. In fact, the rooster was following me around like a puppy today.

Not that it matters if they are loud around here since everyone has roosters crowing at all hours of the day, and someone has one that crows all night. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom